Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something that serves to keep alive the memory of a person or event.

This whole week left me stressed out, anxious, and in pain with bruises from people hitting me and from snowboarding. Feeling lost no matter what I did, no matter where I went. I couldn't breathe during class, I couldn't even come to my senses that I wasn't getting enough oxygen, and I couldn't control my thoughts. As a last resort I had to call my mom, asking for help, knowing that she's already busy enough without my phone calls.

Knowing my health the best, my mom wanted me to go home ASAP to go see a doctor or just to get away from it all. But, knowing that midterms were just a week away, I had to tell her to not pick me up, I had to stay and see the week through even if it meant more pain to my body. But, through this week, I had a big reminder of who my friend's truly are. The ones that will listen no matter what time of the day and give great advice no matter how stupid the question may sound. One that will come just to help me clean..(Emily TANG)..and one who's just a phone call away, ready to make me laugh and forget it all, eventhough she's feeling down in the dumps herself.

Thursdays are like my sanctuary days, if there is a basketball game that is...
Just the sound of the basketball game, the sound of people cheering, the whistle of the refs., and the sound of my camera, soothes and calms my mind. Photography has become my replacement for music. When I was at home, feeling stressed or overwhelmed, I would simply go down to play piano or play cello, and my mind would be so concentrated on the music that I would forget all my worries, for the time being. But, being at a crappy arse dorm with no piano, there's nothing I could do at school to calm my mind. I guess I'll just have to look foward to Fridays even more now.

1 comment:

  1. =) let's go on some photo expeditions when we're bbored kk? i'll remember to bring my camera tomorrow

    ReplyDelete